Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Not Enough Time

Visions carried deep within me keep the world at bay
Echoes of your lifting laugh defend me
Remnants of your subtle scent distract me all the day
Conversations carried on pretending . . .

Every morning as you sleep
On you I lay kisses,
Hoping in your heart they’ll keep,
Love as deep as this is


Busy work to pass the time until the bell is rung
Halfway concentrating as I ponder
How the blessing happened that we met when we were young
Hoping that the nights would last much longer

How you linger in my thoughts
Senses steeped in silence
Smell you, taste you, soul distraught;
Separation’s violence


Every single chance I get I call to hear your voice
Speaking innuendo nonchalant
Laughing, joking, flirting, oh there never was a choice;
From the start ‘twas you my soul did want

As we tumble in the night
Cherished time together
See me glow from love’s own light
Hold me there forever.

0 comments:

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008

Design by infinityskins.blogspot.com 2008